To lead and manage the food and beverage division of the hotel ensuring a high level of performance, guest satisfaction and profitability.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Hands on manager to assist in the kitchen and outlets as needed. Supervise, guide and train all management level associates in the food and beverage discipline.
- Establish, direct and review performance standards in food preparation, purchasing and production to ensure effective, controlled and coordinated efforts are achieved, (i.e. specs, recipe cards, menu costing, inventory control, etc.)
- Provide associates with the necessary tools or equipment they need to perform their job. Ensure that management in the food and beverage discipline is providing supervision of each Food and Beverage department. Circulate throughout outlets, courteously and warmly greeting guests and associates. Ensure service is prompt and courteous.
- Monitor, direct and coordinate effective sanitation, cleanliness and organization effort in food and beverage operating areas, to include maintenance and control of glassware, china, silver and linen use and supplies. Coordinate efforts of the food and beverage departments to coincide with volumes in business generated by the Catering/Sales and Rooms Division, (i.e. group appointments, full occupancy, etc.) ensuring correct staffing levels for maximum profitability without sacrificing prompt and courteous service.
- Ensure proper staffing procedures to ensure the highest possible payroll productivity at the lowest possible costs in keeping with the standards of the management company. Establish, direct and review liquor procedures to ensure adequate security and accountability, presentation and service performance. Be knowledgeable and comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations as it relates to food and liquor. Ensure food and beverage staff has all been trained in responsible alcohol service.
- Operate within established budget and guidelines in regard to costs, expenses, sales and profit for food and beverage department and in response to actual business conditions. Develop, institute and maintain controls and procedures to ensure a profitable operation.
- Adhere to safety, security and sanitation procedures, handle hotel equipment with care and report hazards and assure same from food and beverage staff.
Skills and Requirements
- Conflict Resolution
- Excellent Guest Satisfaction
- Event Management/Organization
- Food/Beverage Pairing
- Food Prep Knowledge
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Menu Development
- Aloha POS Knowledge
- Staff Education/Motivation
Desired Qualifications: This job requires a minimum of 2-3 years prior food and beverage management experience and the following skills/knowledge; outstanding guest service, event management/organization, experience in a fine dining establishment, food/wine pairing, menu planning /food presentation, must be able to balance multiple tasks while maintaining a composed demeanor.
Salary: Negotiable based on level of experience.