Executive Chef Job Description
Basic Function: The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget. The Executive Chef must implement the standards and the culinary vision of the brand. The Executive Chef is a leader in the kitchen and a manager of the culinary program. The Executive Chef is responsible for delivering the highest quality food and service at all times. The Executive Chef is responsible for the implementation of all culinary operational procedures and is responsible for all food production. The Executive Chef must possess good management skills and lead by example at all times.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and organization are maintained in the kitchen at all times, without exception.
- Purchase food and supplies from vendors approved by the company and monitor inventory
- Develop menus and item pricing
- Hire, train and supervise kitchen personnel
- Stay current on restaurant industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- Ensure the proper execution of all recipes.
- Ensure proper and timely execution of all food (accurate plating, hot food hot and cold food cold). All food served in the allotted time frame. Expedite service when necessary.
- Conducts Line Checks and oversees the line check process for all shifts to ensure quality levels.
- Oversee the sourcing of product. Ensure the purchase of the best quality ingredients, the proper spec and the right price.
- Oversee the organization and cleanliness of all food and other kitchen storage areas
- Follow all company policies and procedures for inventory controls
- Lead by example, mentor and develop all culinary staff.
- Is a leader and is able to motivate staff members.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity.
- Is able to adapt in difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary.
- Must have the ability to perform this job successfully, including each essential duty.
- Must have a good understanding in all aspects of food cost control.
- Must have knowledge of fine dining presentation and service.